Community Meeting Representation (Request)

Hey Fox Community!

I hope you enjoyed the first community call (of many) :slight_smile:

Moving forward, I would like to help contribute to community interests being addressed by representing everyone (that would like me to) from the community during these calls. I will be taking questions here for people to have me ask via proxy.

I understand this may effectively help those who cannot make a meeting, or would simply not like to speak to cover certain topics. Furthermore, I am available to speak to community members about these questions via personal meeting if that is necessary to understand/present the question/topic effectively.

Please leave any questions/topics that you would like to be addressed here in as much detail as possible, and I will cover said inquiry at the next community meeting (from the date you post your question). Further, I will be compiling a finalized list the day before a given community meeting. I will post this list to be reviewed by the community (in case I miss something).

Thank you for participating in this flourishing community and I look forward to representing your inquiries at the next community meeting.

Hunt

6 Likes

Hunt. You da man for opening this up and giving us a space to ask any open questions.

So, I have a question concerning Boardroom.

Say we narrowed down specs for two different designs of the UMA Range Token and presented them for vote on Boardroom.

Could we take this approach?

• No
  • Yes (design A)
  • Yes (design B)

And would that then collect all Yes votes vs No votes no matter which design was selected as a yea vote?

Then move forward if yes was the consensus by majority rules (between design A & B)?

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

That’s a great question/couple of questions. How much choice is too much at once? will people only vote on one of the options (neglecting to downvote the other?).

So here is where I think things stand: We present the idea to the boardroom, if there is obvious discontent regarding specs–Ditch it. Restart the process after getting the spec data polled (again) and move forward, hopefully, with a proposal that is deemed worthy to move to snapshot vote.

This emphasizes the process of polling and community meeting discussion. We should get a general idea of community support in those meetings/polls as data is compiled and analyzed.

Thanks for asking these important questions,
Hunt

5 Likes

Hey community! If you still have questions or concerns that you would like addressed at the next governance call please make it known here :slight_smile:

Thank you!

The Snapshot protocol does support this functionality; I’m not certain how it would integrate with SnapSafe or Boardroom, but the technical underpinnings are there.

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I think we’re aiming for one final proposal on the Range Token so as not to complicate the voting process. But I could imagine where this function might be useful for future proposals. :+1:

2 Likes