- We FOX’ed Up" fund
- Summary - The Customer Support team would like 10,000 FOX allocated (2k per leader of support) to the workstream to use as a retention tool, starting March 1st. The 10,000 FOX will be sent to Workstream Leader, @cryptohmeg and she will then give each support leader 2,000 FOX to use until funds need replenished or we sunset the campaign. When agents report a user has had a bad experience, the support leaders can use their discretion on sending the customer some FOX to ensure we retain the user.
Additionally we’ll need ETH to fund the gas for this particular campaign. This campaign could very well continue into the next proposal, but considering this is small amount. I’d like to request 0.50 ETH or the equivalent in USDC (from the DAO treasury)… Any unused funds will roll over into the next period. More than likely, we can use a shared vault/shared wallet for this purpose (which I know can seem like a security issue, but for this amount of money I believe the convenience and amount outweigh the security fears).
- Abstract - We’d like to add some lightness to the campaign by calling it “We FOX’ed Up” and use that language when talking to customers. It’s widely known that sometimes, things just go wrong. While we explore the deep dark corners of the ShapeShift DAO’s possibilities, surely things will go awry. When they do, we can use this campaign to let users know we are sorry for the mishap and try and compensate them for the bad experience.
Pending the success of this ongoing campaign, we’ll request more or less funds in the future.
I have increased the original request from 5k FOX to 10k FOX to ensure a length of time running the campaign and so we can give out meaningful amounts to users who need the boost.
- Motivation - We want to make sure we have additional tools in our back pocket as a support team to retain customers, keep them happy, and delight the crap out of them. Giving my leadership team a way to take control over bad situations helps everyone.
- Specification -
- 10,000 FOX + 0.5 ETH or the equivaleent in USDC
- To be used at the discretion of the support leaders
- Benefits -
- Empower Support Leaders
- Retain users
- Creates a decentralized way to disperse “We FOX’ed Up” funds to users.
- Gets more FOX into active users’ hands
- Inexpensive (relatively)
- Drawbacks -
- The amount we are asking for is arbitrary and may not help as much as we think, thus needing to request more sooner than we think.
- Vote -
YES: I vote for 10000 FOX + 0.5 ETH or the USDC equivalent (from the DAO treasury) to be allocated to the Customer Support Workstream on March 1st
NO: I do not want 10000 FOX + 0.5 ETH or the USDC equivalent (from the DAO treasury) allocated to the Customer Support Workstream.
changed the plan from asking for more FOX to instead have the DAO treasury or foundation somehow provide 0.5 ETH for gas costs. Any left over will be rolled into the next period of the campaign. So the total is back to 5000 FOX (+ and additional 0.5 ETH to cover gas).
This proposal is on hold until the new Treasury Committee is formed and a solution is created for gas costs. Thanks!
UPDATED NOTES:::: the proposal mock up above is now fully updated with new amounts and a resolution to the gas issues. Please review and leave any new comments below!