- We FOX’ed Up" fund
- Summary - The Customer Support team would like 5,000 FOX allocated to the workstream to use as a retention tool, starting Jan 1st. The 5,000 FOX will be sent to Workstream Leader, @cryptohmeg and she will then give each support leader 1,000 FOX to use during the 4 month proposal period. When agents report a user has had a bad experience, the support leaders can make the call on sending the customer some FOX to ensure we retain the user.
Additionally we’ll need ETH to fund the gas for this particular campaign. This campaign could very well continue into the next proposal, so the means to fund the gas can change, but considering this is small amount. I’d like to request 0.50 ETH (from the DAO treasury) to be divided among the 5 leadership members to use for gas when sending this retention/promotional FOX. Any unused funds will roll over into the next period. More than likely, we can use a shared vault/shared wallet for this purpose (which I know can seem like a security issue, but for this amount of money I believe the convenience and amount outweigh the security fears).
- Abstract - We’d like to add some lightness to the campaign by calling it “We FOX’ed Up” and use that language when talking to customers. It’s widely known that sometimes, things just go wrong. While we explore the deep dark corners of the ShapeShift DAO’s possibilities, surely things will go awry. When they do, we can use this campaign to let users know we are sorry for the mishap and try and compensate them for the bad experience.
Pending the success of this ongoing campaign, we’ll request more or less funds in the future.
We decided on 5,000 a bit arbitrarily. But it fees like a reasonable amount, and allows for each leader to have control over 1,000 FOX to give to users over a 4 month period. That’s only 250 FOX per month…about ~80 USD at current prices. There’s a chance more might be needed next proposal.
Motivation - We want to make sure we have additional tools in our back pocket as a support team to retain customers, keep them happy, and delight the crap out of them. Giving my leadership team a way to take control over bad situations helps everyone.
- 5,000 FOX + 0.5 ETH over 4 months
- To be used at the discretion of the support leaders
- Arbitrary amount - but will help gauge future needs
- Paid out in FOX, given to users as FOX. No exchanges needed.
- Benefits -
- Empower Support Leaders
- Retain users
- Creates a decentralized way to disperse “We FOX’ed Up” funds to users.
- Inexpensive (relatively)
- Drawbacks -
- The amount we are asking for is arbitrary and may not help as much as we think, thus needing to request more before the proposal period is over.
- Vote -
YES: I vote for 5000 FOX + 0.5 ETH (from the DAO treasury) to be allocated to the Customer Support Workstream on Jan 1st
NO: I do not want 5000 FOX + 0.5 ETH (from the DAO treasury) allocated to the Customer Support Workstream.
changed the plan from asking for more FOX to instead have the DAO treasury or foundation somehow provide 0.5 ETH for gas costs. Any left over will be rolled into the next period of the campaign. So the total is back to 5000 FOX (+ and additional 0.5 ETH to cover gas).
This proposal is on hold until the new Treasury Committee is formed and a solution is created for gas costs. Thanks!