As a product-centric DAO, a well-resourced Product & Creative Services Workstream is vital to our success. The Workstream is accountable for a number of activities which are critical to the DAO’s ability to delight users, grow the FOX ecosystem, and achieve its mission. This is a proposal to continue funding the Product & Creative Services Workstream’s anticipated budget through June 30, 2022.
Continuing to fund this workstream will ensure that the ShapeShift DAO can retain the extraordinary talent that the Workstream already has while also ensuring the team can expand and fulfill the growing product, design and UX needs that the DAO’s product development and creative requirements demand. The workstream has so far succeeded in hitting their goals, and has completed a large number of projects including the launch of the new responsive Alpha website and successful Yearn integration. We’re also working on an updated proposal 1 to implement analytics on an Alpha version of the web app (alpha.shapeshift.com) where new features will be released first. This will enable us to collect and report metrics to the community while still offering a private, analytics-free version of the app on app.shapeshift.com. View completed items on our roadmap 1 (completed items are moved to the bottom) and on our UX/Design board 1 (completed items are in the completed column).
Mission: Design and execute the optimal product roadmap for achieving the mission and goals of the ShapeShift DAO. And now, with the addition of the Creative Services group (voted on and approved 1 by the community) to also provide design-oriented and brand-focused creative support, guidelines, and guardrails to the myriad of projects the DAO will take on.
High Level Goals
Curate and propose a product roadmap based on research, user feedback and behavior, and informed vision that aligns with the mission and goals of the ShapeShift DAO.
Provide feature specifications (including goals and success metrics), UI/UX designs, product management, and applicable front-end development for features prioritized by the ShapeShift DAO.
Represent the ShapeShift DAO’s product suite, roadmap, and workstream and act as a repository of knowledge.
Ensure the delivery of prioritized features on time, on or under budget, and according to the acceptance criteria defined in each feature spec written by the Product Managers.
Assist with one-off community projects as needed, and make sure all projects executed by the workstream and outside the workstream are on brand and pass usability.
Help all ShapeShift Workstreams communicate effectively, by creating engaging
content that is aligned with the brand of ShapeShift DAO.
Communicate ideas, create materials to educate FOX holders, assist in the creative needs to help launch marketing campaigns and expand the effectiveness of the brand.
In addition to the higher level goals, we’ve outlined some more specific goals for the Product Workstream. We’d also like to make sure we remain agile—understanding that new partnerships or new revenue generating Defi projects could be brought forward, and some of those could shift our current goals or bring new goals forward. We will relay progress of these back to the community in our Product Office hours.
•Get the specs completed and the UX/UI done and usability tested for web 2.0
- 1 sided-LPing
- 2 sided-LPing
- multi-sided LPing
• Get the Specs and UX/UI ready and usability tested for Display Defi Positions across multiple protocols
• Get Onjuno and Gem launched on Web V2
• Get ALPHA launched with Analytics and report back to the community on a monthly basis
• Get Specs and UX/UI ready and usability tested to do a direct Tokemak integration into Web v2
• Mobile application solution determined and aligned upon, and prepared from a product/UX/UI perspective
• Evolve the product roadmap and make sure as new potential integrations or partner/ revenue ideas are considered and reported back to the community for discussion (in Office Hours)
• Collaborate with Engineering workstream to align on wallet strategy and complete the specs and UX/UI coming out of that
• Collaborate with Engineering workstream to align on the strategy and launch of the private web 2.0 version
• Continue to execute and optimize and finesse the Web 2.0 UI in a regular design QA session
• Support other departments as needed from a design/UI perspective — everything from Illustrations to blogs, etc
• Continue with user interviews to collect regular feedback and help with persona perspective
.com redo the global nav and identify and build out new pages we’lll need in order to better align with our new products and the fact we’re a DAO
• Collaborate with Marketing & Growth to successfully align on project and product releases.
- Define and propose an evolving roadmap that aligns with the vision of the DAO and is discussed with and accepted by the community
- Features on the roadmap and goals outlined are delivered in milestones, on or under budget, and according to the acceptance criteria defined in each feature spec.
- The KPIs specified in each feature spec are tracked and reported to the community (once Analytics are implemented into Alpha).
- Execute projects that lead to growth in DAO revenues.
- Own and evolve the brand and ensure a polished, professional image in all that we DAO.
Total Funds Requested For 6 months: $686,049*
*This covers salaries, software, test funds, etc. All unused funds will be returned to the treasury.
The budget has been revised from the previous budget, as the needs from the workstream have evolved in the past several months. We have removed the Project Manager roles, as it currently stands, they are not immediately necessary. Should the need arise to add those or additional roles in the future, separate proposals will be made accordingly.
Also, it is worth noting that Diggy was voted into the Workstream leadership role, through Feb 2022. If she plans to run for the Workstream leader position beyond that timeframe, she will make a separate proposal later on.
If this proposal passes, most of this budget will be distributed in stable coin going forward. The equivalent amount of USDC & a small portion in FOX will be transferred from the DAO’s treasury to the Product Workstream on Colony on a monthly basis. (Because FOX is a volatile asset, any decreases in FOX price will warrant additional transfers of FOX from the DAO to the Product Workstream on Colony to ensure the Workstream has enough FOX to cover its budget). All unused funds will be returned to the DAO.
If this proposal passes, the DAO will receive the following specific deliverables and services which are integral to its success:
• Proposed feature roadmap encompassing the following products the DAO: ShapeShift Mobile, current web app (beta.shapeshift.com), new open-source web app, shapeshift.com, and other products the ShapeShift DAO launches
• Feature specs for prioritized features including goals, success metrics, and acceptance criteria
• UI/UX for each prioritized feature
• Front-end development
• Reporting on product KPIs and feature success metrics (once Analytics are in place)
• Design-oriented and brand-focused creative support, guidelines, and guardrails to the myriad of projects the DAO will take on
The main potential risk is whether cost/benefit of a product workstream will be worth it to the DAO’s bottom-line in the long term. To mitigate this risk, only 6 months of funding are being requested. The funds will be managed on Colony and can be revoked by the DAO in a worst-case-scenario.
Yes: You support funding the workstream’s anticipated 2022 budget for 6 months totaling $686,049
No: You do not support continuing to fund the product workstream.[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]