This proposal establishes and funds the Growth (Globalization, Partnerships, and Branding) workstream of which will focus on the strategizing, implementation, and optimization of growth campaigns/initiatives for the ShapeShift DAO. Establishing this workstream includes the designation of Toasty and Hunt as collaborative workstream leaders, while further establishing TheSmith and LPX as co-leaders of the globalization/translation initiative. The proposal will furthermore fund the inclusion of an additional 11 members: 5 current LatAM contributors, 3 globalization translators (Japanese, Korean, & French), and 3 contributors engaging in the development and deployment of the ShapeShift DAO Educational Roadmap.
Toasty: Co-lead & manage the growth workstream and its strategies in outside partnerships and integrations. This includes overseeing and managing the public voice and branding of the DAO and it’s community presence, as well as leading internal integration strategies, DAO event coordination and cross-stream collaboration. It is an inherent responsibility of this role to function effectively as a leader in growth, branding, partnerships, globalization, and information workstream/project efforts.
Hunt: Co-lead providing full support as-needed for the entirety of the workstreams directive both in strategizing and implementation of the growth and globalization’s workstream responsibilities and projects. This includes functioning effectively as a leader in growth, branding, partnerships, globalization, and information project efforts.
TheSmith: Leader of LatAM Labs, and co-lead of globalization, TheSmith will focus on strategizing with hunt and toasty to develop and deploy branding and growth frameworks targeting Latin American demographics.
LPX: Co-Leader of Globalization providing full support to document repository infrastructure hosted here: https://docs.shapeshift.one/ . Furthermore, it is LPX’s responsibility to manage the development and execution of French, Japanese, and Chinese language translation bounties.
As the DAO grows, the requirement for a branding and partnership focused growth initiative continues to grow as well. Providing assistance in Globalization and LatAM Labs development while focusing on its most successful projects/assets/contributors already in place provides newly-formed efficiency in strategizing human capital allocation. By combining the globalization workstream with a newly formed growth,partnership & event coordination workstream, the current workstream contributors in existing workflows will experience an ease of contribution not possible with the present lack of workstream structure and management surrounding the initiatives defined in this proposal.
While FOX token reaches new and varied markets and the DAO continues to seek worldwide opportunities for partnerships and innovation, a dedicated team is required to better seek, acquire, and develop new branding and partnership opportunities as well as strengthening our current user knowledge base. The need for dedicated oversight and leadership to refine and strengthen growth opportunities is vital to the continued success of the DAO’s collective efforts.
By establishing a dedicated workstream to focus on the growth, branding, partnerships, globalization, and information/project scope of DAO efforts, we resolve the need for the expansion team required to develop more partner integrations, drive an increase in globalization, and start a new DAO education sector.
Growth, Branding, Partnership, Globalization, and Information/Project scope of work to include:
Growth & Branding:
- Develop Twitter following and tone for marketing and outward facing messaging for the DAO, through posts/engagement, promotions, and integrations. This will be a joint effort with the Marketing Workstream.
- Strategize and define direction in community growth efforts within discord and on forum.shapeshift.com
- Planning and proposing event sponsorship and presence
- Giveaways: Merch/NFT promotional giveaways
- Contests: Content creation, Art auction
- Provide Support/co-manage LatAM (Regular strategizing and optimization of ‘in progress’ campaigns within LatAM Labs & providing support for networking efforts including event sponsorships, integration inquiries, and partnership requests)
- Cross-community relationship building/maintenance (ex: UMA x ShapeShift DAO & 1hive x ShapeShift DAO)
- Closely align with product & engineering by regularly attending and engaging with the Engineering workstream in order to ensure that growth initiatives align with current engineering and product workstream vision
- Develop ShapeShift DAO NFT Project Specs
- Recruits, develops, manages, motivates, and liaises with strategic partner alliances/partnerships and opportunity pipelines and integrations outside of the traditional crypto/ Defi space (NFTs, Blockchain gaming) via incoming and outgoing cross-community/project networking efforts while focusing on DAO to DAO opportunities that align with the vision, ethos, and mission of ShapeShift
- Continue working with integration bounty hunters (also continue/maintain monstrosity’s current contract for successful integrations such as the ELK/FOX integration and marketing agreement deployed targeting XDAI liquidity offering opportunity)
- Continue to form and maintain DAO to DAO relationships in order form strong, long-term cross-community relationships.
- Collaborate with the DAO merch store partner to align with them on promotional/ event merchandise while building out the partnership scale.
- Ensure coverage (deemed cost-effective by the DAO) at events to create/maintain new and promising/beneficial partnerships
- Engage in and maintain meta-factory partnership opportunities
Globalization: Globalization will be refined by TheSmith as he continues to focus on LatAM branding, growth, and marketing, while LPX continues focusing on translation repository development and Asia focused translation/onboarding. LatAM: Branding on social/web3 platforms while planning and proposing event sponsorship & presence at LatAM conferences/events (currently talking to and planning for bitconf 2022) to the DAO.
Ongoing efforts include:
- LatAM Labs - Latin America focused marketing effort
- https://docs.shapeshift.one/ - A globalization/translation focused document repository
- Content translation targeting Asia and Latin America
Information: Includes ShapeShift DAO Education Roadmap special project & bounty-based content creation. The ShapeShift DAO Education Project will directly address the lack of educational material to streamline onboarding and user-flow for new and interested DAO members, partners, and potential FOX hodlers.
ShapeShift DAO Education Roadmap: SS DAO Education Map- DRAFT - Google Slides
The term of this workstream and its contributors is 4 months from January 1st 2022 to May 1st 2022. This proposal both hires following contributors: Leadership (Toasty & Hunt), Global (LPX & TheSmith), LatAM (TheSmith is the lead), and Information (ShapeShift DAO Education Project; @JessOtterlyHopeful, @DavidRAllen, @IrohDW), and funds the workstream and its projects with 238,000USD in FOX.
Growth and Globalization Budget: Growth & Globalization Budget - Google Sheets
The following link details Globalization accomplishments, blockers, and infrastructure overview and provides insight into the projected goals and roadmap of the workstream moving forward: I&G+G - Google Slides
Developing an effective globalization effort through engaging in Latin American focused marketing efforts enables the ShapeShift DAO to begin the process of brand establishment and growth initiatives in order to create a voice throughout Latin America for the ShapeShift brand. This initiative is invaluable as growth in adoption within the Latin American region has grown exponentially at a velocity that is currently unparalleled globally. Through engaging a demographic that ShapeShift has historically been unable to successfully market, the previously hindering barriers in serving LatAM demographics will be less significant.
The following links include the Latin American marketing roadmap, community notion, analytics, and project presentation slides:
LatAM Presentation Slides Link: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEwIdJix1Q/4sIGciDNZ5-ve3zW_B3Tsg/view?website#2:latam-pmo-proposal
LatAM Roadmap Link: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
LatAM Analytics Link: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
LatAM community notion: https://www.notion.so/ShapeShift-DAO-Latam-25eb72575d7e48a6bafff4994b2defcc
This proposal creates a single, unified workstream that works under/towards growth initiatives as defined in this proposal. Branding, globalization, and partnerships working together to create a unified approach in determining the best growth strategy will allow for an effective alignment in order to produce and maintain efficient growth-focused projects and partnerships.
This proposal will cost 238,000 USD in FOX across a four month period. This workstream merges previous work streams/project leadership, which may require optimization of existing strategy and implementation/optimization within the workstream and its projects (Globalization, LatAM labs, & ShapeShift DAO EDU Roadmap).
- Yes - Establish and Fund Growth & Globalization
- No - Do Not Establish and Fund Growth & Globalization