Note that I am submitting this on behalf of Amadeus Style, the video production crew we worked with for ETHDenver. Looking for feedback and questions!
Amadeus Style, a Blockchain Media House, is requesting 6,500 USDC funding to complete a series of videos from at ETHDenver 2022.
During ETHDenver 2022, there were a considerable amount of videos contracted by ShapeShift for Amadeus Style to complete. These were delivered, paid for and were very well received by the community.
View the ETHDenver 2022 ShapeShift videos here:
However, there is a considerable amount of footage gathered at ETHDenver that was outside of the scope of the original contract paid for by Marketing and Growth. This proposal is simply to finish editing this footage into usable stories, and to deliver these assets to ShapeShift. Note that although these are from ETHDenver, the content and stories resonate well outside of the event itself. These are all very usable through the next 3-6 months.
Dynamic and engaging video content can be very expensive to produce. Cameras, lighting, audio, logging footage, editing, graphics, etc., are all very costly services to hire out. We are in a unique situation where Amadeus Style voluntarily recorded interviews and events at one of the largest crypto events in the world. They have pushed forward logging the footage, and piecing together usable stories without any compensation so far. It’s in ShapeShift’s best interest to put all of these great interviews and talks to use. Hiring out a crew to do this from scratch would easily cost 10 times the proposed amount.
Completing these videos will provide ShapeShift with a myriad of incredible content to help build the growing YouTube channel and provide quality content for social media. These videos were selected based on ShapeShift’s current marketing and communication goals.
Amadeus Style will edit and deliver 15 YouTube videos and 20 social media videos to the Creative Services squad, to be used in conjunction with Marketing and Growth to promote the DAO with video content. Files will be organized into Google Drive folders for delivery. A master doc with notes will be provided for getting the content published.
YouTube Videos - Storied
These videos will include short snippets that communicate ShapeShift’s mission and vision.
- Becoming a DAO - 2-3 mins
- What’s Next For Shapeshift - 2-3 min
- Working at a DAO - 2-3 mins
- The ShapeShift Community - 2-3 mins
- Get involved with a DAO - 2-3 mins
- ShapeShift’s Engineering Road Map - 2 min
YouTube Videos - Single Interviews
These are shorter videos for YouTube from individual interviews that form a quick and relevant point, great for sharing more about ShapeShift in a shorter form from a single interviewee.
- What is Tokenomics - 2 mins
- CoinCenter Fundraiser - 1 min
- What is ShapeShift + transitioning into a DAO - 2 mins
- Advice for DAOs wanting to foster collaboration - 1:15 min
- How Josh got involved with ShapeShift - 1:15
- Advice if you’re thinking about starting a DAO - 1:15 mins
- Goals of Treasury Management - 1 min
- Navigating a Crypto Winter Safely - 1 min
- Engineering direction for Shapeshift DAO - 1min
Social Media Videos (20)
These are intended to be highly shareable and even shorter than the YouTube videos listed above. Generally 20-40 second highlight clips from the talks and interviews, often formatted specifically for a platform (e.g. 9:16 for YouTube, 1:1 for Instagram)
- ETH Denver summaries - 6 shorts
- Josh Interview summaries - 4 shorts
- Willy Interview summaries - 3 shorts
- Rotorless Interview
- How I got involved with SS DAO - 30 seconds
- Meet the Community - Rotorless (links to video example)
- The Best Part About Working for a DAO - 1 min
- Kent Interview
- What’s next for ShapeShift - 1 min
- ETH Denver Highlights - 1 min (could be nice to tag @ETHDenver)
- 0xDeF1Cafe Interview
- Favorite thing working at the DAO - 23 seconds
- What’s next for ShapeShift - 54 seconds
The drawback of passing this proposal is cost. I realize we are trying to keep budgets lean. However, letting the footage go unused would be wasteful.
- For - Allocate $6500 USDC to be paid to Amadeus Style to complete and deliver 35 videos
- Against - Allocate no funds