Proposal for additional wallet support
Jul 14, 2021

I would like to see a proposal to fund development of additional wallet support, maybe the best place to start is to support all onboard.js wallets (or at least a good subset of them) in the platform. What would be a good amount of FOX to incentivize this? This could be taken on by current ShapeShift developers in their off hours even ahead of full open-sourcing of the code.
How about a bounty of 35k FOX, would that be enough to have this get done relatively quickly? Open for thoughts/discussion on this topic.

Write a reply...
jonisjon
jonisjonJul 15, 2021

Yes I am generally aligned in terms of during normal working hours engineers should be focused just on open sourcing so the community can get involved ASAP. That being said my idea here is a bounty to incentivize work during their non-normal hours (outside of work) to see this get delivered even ahead of that. I think it would be worth it, if 35k FOX is too much maybe we reduce to something like 20k FOX to see it happen in the short term?

Josh_shapeshiftdemo
Josh_shapeshiftdemoJul 15, 2021

Glad to be discussing potential cool new features here. - How would reducing the amount of FOX for the work make it more likely to happen in less time? Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying?

MrNerdHair
MrNerdHairJul 15, 2021

Wearing my engineer hat, removing the the ETH xpub dependency seems like it fits in as a prerequisite to this. It’s really tech debt that has to be paid down to enable the feature, and perhaps that should be tracked separately. Conceptually, I think that part fits more within the realm of what SS US engineers should be doing to open-source everything, while the addition of onboard.js and/or other wallets seems more like something to handle via the DAO.

jonisjon
jonisjonJul 15, 2021

Sorry I was responding to Willy saying it was overly generous, happy to support 35k FOX to get this done.

jonisjon
jonisjonJul 15, 2021

That would make sense to me, but would be happy to include it as part of this bounty (I would vote for it) in order to make it happen faster.

ShapeShift
Welcome to the official forum for ShapeShift DAO. Learn more at shapeshift.com
Members
Comments
Participants
Pinned in Home
FOX Governance Process
How to link legacy forum history to your Metaforo account
Anonymous Feedback Submission Form
Pinned in Product (features & roadmap)
About the Product (features & roadmap) category
More From ShapeShift