- Project Name: DaoLens DAO Manager
- Team Name: DaoLens
Collateral Links for Reference:
- DaoLens Website: https://www.daolens.com/
- The DAO Manager: https://manager.daolens.com/auth/login
- Discord: https://discord.gg/daolens
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DaoLens
- Youtube: The What and Why of the DAO Manager
- Deck: https://pitch.com/public/30e11ed8-5eca-4ce1-b2e7-f408265a303e
This proposal revolves around how the DaoLens DAO Manager platform can refine the day-to-day operations of Shapeshift DAO through a well-defined and self-serve DAO Tooling infrastructure.
The influx of such a tooling mechanism shall result in a unified platform for most of the DAO’s operations including but not limited to the management of projects, discussions, proposals, off-chain/on-chain voting, bounties, and compensation. Considering how the current operation in your DAO leaves a massive scope for improvement and on top, most admins and members are losing the context of what concerns them amidst all the noise, such a platform shall be pivotal in how DAOs can flourish.
Based on our experience breaking down the daily operations of around 500 DAOs and Digital Communities, we have been able to redefine the operational infrastructure a DAO should adhere to for optimum operational efficiency. Below are some concepts on how the Shapeshift DAO can benefit from the DaoLens DAO Manager.
Problem Statements that we solve:
- Lack of motivation for Contributors: It is tricky to maintain member retention within a DAO and rewarding tokens to the members on the completion of a bounty does not effectively build a sense of belongingness for the members.
- Accessibility of Modules and absence of rules to group like-minded ether: DAO Admins should be able to establish Gating rules for Discussions, Bounties, Proposal creation, Project management, etc. to ensure only select/eligible folks to work on them. An absence of such gating results in noise in discussion forums and bounty boards, etc.
- Lack of relevant Context Admins and Contributors, both tend to lose the context behind every bounty, proposal, and project because of the noise that exists on discussion platforms like Discourse and Discord.
- Lack of Visibility While using multiple platforms for each type of operation, the Admins also lose the visibility of ‘what concerns them the most amidst all the noise?’
- Inconvenient cross-DAO operations While most contributors are a part of multiple DAOs, it becomes quite difficult to track what concerns them the most for each. Juggling between multiple tools and tabs to get work done hinders the productivity of contributors and admins alike.
The goal of the DAO Manager is to provide a solution that reduces friction in day-to-day DAO/Community management. It shall do so by structuring a unified platform with modules for each type of operation including (but not limited to):
- Curation of Bounty Board - say bye to Notion-based bounty and Job boards
- Review and Compensation of Tasks and Bounties - don’t jump on Dework to manage bounties and Coordinape/Gnosis to manage compensation.
- Creation and management of Discussions Forums - DAO Manager can be used for discussions as well so no need for Boardroom.
- Creation of Proposals - Create proposals on-chain
- On-Chain Voting on proposals (with multiple voting types available) -
- Project management - manage projects like you’d do on Github.
- Custom section (courses, a marketplace of the DAO, to be customized into what would make sense for the DAO/Community)
- Gating rules for all of the above modules (NFT, NFT Traits, and Token-based gating to limit accessibility)
- Lastly, a Discovery platform brings your DAO/Community to the visibility of the users more often.
How it is solving the pain points mentioned above:
- A Unified User Interface: The DAO Manager instantaneously makes it easier for the Admins and the Contributors alike to access and participate in the relevant activities within the DAO such as bounties, discussions, proposal vetting & voting, etc. without having to jump between different tabs and tools. This significantly reduces the operations cycle and also the drag caused by the loss of context.
- Linked Tasks, Linked Proposals. In-Built On-Chain Voting. All deeply Integrated: Never lose sight of what truly matters by linking the discussions with proposals, bounties, etc. This shall help the users in gathering insight on how they can complete a bounty or review it and help them make a decision easily when they go to vote on a proposal.
- Gating based on multiple credentials: To ensure the Admins don’t lose sight of what truly matters to them, they can gate the different modules like discussion forums, and bounties, based onis of the Wallet Content of a user (such as NFTs, NFT Traits, and Tokens). Such gating can be put into action with multiple ‘And/Or’ conditions. This shall help reduce the noise from the modules based on multiple credentials and help the users focus on what concerns the most.
- Shuffle between DAOs and Communities easily: the DAO Manager can be a home to multiple DAOs and therefore, contributors who are a part of 2 or more DAOs can easily shuffle between the community operational dashboards without having to open another tab or login into a platform again.
- Rewarding Mechanisms: Apart from effortlessly expediting compensation using wallet integrations, the DAO Manager also brings functionality to reward your contributors through Task Points, NFTs, and Badges. The contributors, based on these, can move up in the leaderboard and can get access to some executive-level bounties.
Key features summarized:
- Bounty Board: All Jobs & bounties can be gated based on rules of credential verification (NFTs, NFT Traits, & Tokens). Add sub-tasks, rewards, priority levels, and reviewers, through single panel.
- Discussion Forum: Bring all of your conversations out of Discord and Discourse and onto a noise-free, gated DAO Manager discussion forum. Publish posts with embedded Polls and Checklists for people to vote and work on. Effortlessly. vote off-chain, comment, and share posts.
- Proposal Management: Effortlessly create proposals to be voted on without having to open Snapshot. Additionally, with the Snapshot integration, any vote done on the Snapshot reflects back on the DAO Manager and any vote done here reflects back there.
- Project Management: Without having to browse through all the servers, get a sense of all ongoing projects quickly.
- Custom Panel: A Custom Module for your specific needs. For creators who want to sell merchandise, an educator who needs to float courses, or an investment group that wants closed VIP tiers, this module can be built for you.
- Enhanced Contributor Rewarding Mechanism: Reward your contributors with more than just the bounty reward. Award NFTs, Badges, and Task Point to help your contributors move up in the DAO Leaderboard. Further, gate executive bounties and forums, on the basis of Leaderboard.
- A Community Home: Consider the DAO Manager as a home for everything that matters the most to your Community/DAO. Even manage all of your documents from a single section on the Overview page itself.
- Linking Discussions to Bounties and Proposals: Easily link all of the discussions with the discussed projects, bounties, & proposals. Have context ready about each and expedite them effortlessly.
- ROI-focused Grant Management: End-to-end support to review and manage all pending applications. With multiple Proposal types, Multiple Fund allocation methods, and Multiple Review mechanisms, Applicants also get help and support in drafting efficient applications.
- Discovery Platform: Publicize your DAO to a wider audience of contributors through the DAO Manager’s Discovery page.
- Contact Name: Nayan Kulshreshtha
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Discord: Amenek.eth#8984
- **Telegram: @**NayanKul
We are a team of developers and designers who have been making tools for decentralized communities. Our core mission and vision are to contribute towards mass adoption of the space by lowering the barriers to entry and we have been doing that in different ways. Examples below: 1. We've built an onboarding tool that onboards new members to a DAO and gives them relevant context about how to get started.
For example -
- Journo DAO - https://app.daolens.com/journodao/new
- We built an alternative UI for the Aave protocol that is friendly towards users with no or little Defi knowledge. - https://twitter.com/DaoLens/status/1591803892874235904
Today, users do not get a clear idea of what they can do after connecting their wallet, and why they would be interested in supplying and borrowing certain assets in the first place. We solved this by having an assistive UI. We realized a major need for easing up the development process for the growth of a blockchain ecosystem so that builders can easily get started and hence our motivation for the project.
With a strong design and product experience background, previously headed Product at Merkle Science (Crypto Forensics and Blockchain Compliance). Before that, he was Senior Director of Product Growth & Design at Sprinklr (SMB & Enterprise Advertising, Social Listening and Research, Social Customer Care, SMB & Enterprise Marketing, and CXM). He is a big PLG advocate.
With a background in mathematics, was previously Founding Engineer under the AI and ML division at Observe.ai (Contact Centre Automation). He is the Founder of Zipo, an e-commerce shipping management tool. Before that, he worked with the Samsung AI Team (Research and Development of Personal AI Voice Assistant Bixby). He frequently contributes to Open-Source Communities.
The Shapeshift DAO team can build a test workspace on the DAO Manager platform to get a feel of its feasibility. We encourage the teams to get in touch with DaoLens for any custom features that the community wants to see in the new workspace. Post-which, we can discuss the migration of the current data onto the new workspace and expedite it at the earliest.
Join the DaoLens Discord Server!
Check out the DaoLens community on Discord - hang out with 1,236 other members a...
Hello, thanks for posting and welcome in our community!
We've recently undergone a migration from Discourse to Metaforo for the Discussions/Incubation/Voting aspect of the DAO collaborative effort. After the setup of a test project on DAO Manager it seems like an interesting tool that would include too bounties, compared to Metaforo. I'm impressed by the Discord integration (roles), the NFT/token gating (although it seems focused on Ethereum/Polygon for now), and Gnosis Safe integration for payments... and I might be biased because I like threaded discussions (shout out to @Giantkin 😂), by the readability of the comments in discussions.
I do think some of the hurdles with bounties (mainly tracking of progress and payment) might be solved if we don't have to rely on yet one more third-party system to identify and track contributors. Having a way to create a specific project, set deadlines, and pay in the same place we discuss these projects initially (with a way to link them together) sounds very practical. Obviously the people in charge of managing such bounties should be involved in the discussion and decision to move forward. If the tool they use is working well enough it might not be worth the time/effort/money for such a move. I know @thesmith handles bounties usually for the Globalization Workstream so it would be interesting to hear his opinion. Not sure who handle this for Marketing currently, and for Engineering I think they are less and less convinced that bounty-based development is doable for our project currently.
Also, just so you're aware, if a migration to DAO Manager was considered at some point it would require a proposal (like it Metaforo did) and considering the amount of data we have it would likely require a budget for migrating everything.
Hey there @Fireb0mb1
Thank you so so much! Appreciate your in-depth feedback on this.
Quickly summarizing a few points around this feedback for reference:
Hoping to connect and chat with the team on how we can make this of more and more value to the Shapeshift community!
Also, hi @Giantkin :D
Thank you for your post and sharing of information. If I can share some of my thoughts. While tooling and third party solutions can provide efficiencies within processes. I feel DAO's in general, but also ours needs to figure these important aspects and how the roles interact and belong within the DAO itself before looking for a solution that claims to solve them for you. The utilization of all in one or packaged solutions for problems not having defined/developed purpose removes the capability to identifying the foundational elements of larger issues that now become wrapped up in a cookie cutter that looks to generically solve unique situations. That said when these issues are identified, have defined purpose and strategies then having tooling that can be used in conjunction within these purposes can become useful. Until that is a realizable capability "all in ones" become toolsets not used correctly or to its fullest potential and can prevent organic solutions or maturity from happening on it own.
This is just my perspective, others can see it differently. I know that you have continued to stay in touch with this community and thank you for taking the time and effort to present your product and following along as this DAO pushes forward.
I tested, setup an account. (2 ..spaces) not a bad setup. Wish you all would have been in 2 months sooner. (or pushed when your team was in 8? months ago lol) I think the bounty direction would not be the way to go. ( we have 2 bounty structures setup atm. plus other tools. the other aspects are interesting. but somewhat similar to Metaforo. where we are now setup and running our forum, it also has gating options, and tipping , all on a web3 platform (like i menioned in another forum, arweave) :)
Keep bringing us news etc, and maybe we will change our directions eventually.
(its too recent now)
Hey there @Neverwas
This is in fact so true.
DAOs need to first understand what exactly they need before hopping on a management platform.
I've in fact been across a lot of DAOs that always need something custom because most of them operate in their own different ways. It's difficult to build something that is universal and creates a one-size fits all situation.
Although, we at DaoLens think about this a little more differently. While we are happy to develop custom features for our users to solve their exact problem statement, we are also creating an infrastructure that to some extent efficiently defines how DAOs can function. One of the notion behind it is to make joining and working within a DAO super easy. That is why we try to minimize the use of web3 Jargons and slangs that would rather make it difficult for people to join in. As long as people understand DAOs, DAOs are bound to be successful.
Truly wish I was here a few months ago 😅
If you don't mind me asking, what are the 2 Bounty Structures at ShapeShift?
I shall definitely continue dropping some details here every now and then about what we're up to. We are infact releasing new and amazing features every single week. Right now....we are working on a Mobile responsiveness system so people can participate in DAO operations from their mobile phones too!
We are also releasing a new Rewarding system. With system-generated NFTs on completing bounties....or posing a discussion, etc.
If you wish to connect over a chat for an in-depth discussion on what else we can do...happy to connect :D
I am reachable on Discord: amenek.eth#8984
dework and Share
but right now, i dont think we have any bounties up. (tho im not sure) as we are working out plans etc.
Thanks for the ideas.
I shall also connect with some over on Discord. Probably in a few weeks, we can jump on a community demo call and take a discussion up.
Thanks for all your insights here!
Nothing here yet, be the first one to comment.