FOX – GIV Treasury Swap and Liquidity Provision

Hello -

I have been asked to put forth a proposal on behalf of members of the ShapeShift and Giveth communities.

As this is the first time I’m posting this, I believe that means it’s in the “Incubation” phase.

SCP # and Title

#TBD# - Swapping FOX for GIV and Adding FOX/GIV Liquidity

Summary

We propose to create a $200,000 FOX / GIV liquidity pool by swapping FOX tokens from the ShapeShift DAO treasury for GIV tokens from the Giveth DAO treasury, then adding the tokens to a combined liquidity pool.

Abstract

We propose taking a total allocation of $100,000 worth of FOX tokens from the treasury to create a FOX / GIV liquidity pool.

We initially swap $50,000 worth of the FOX tokens to the Giveth DAO for $50,000 worth of GIV tokens.

We will then take the GIV tokens we receive, pair them with the remaining $50,000 of FOX tokens from the initial allocation, and deposit them together into a new FOX / GIV liquidity pool.

At the same time, we ask that the Giveth DAO take the $50,000 in FOX tokens they receive, match them with a further $50,000 in GIV tokens, and deposit them into the same FOX / GIV liquidity pool.

The result will be a liquidity pool with $200,000 in liquidity.

Motivation

Shapeshift and Giveth have complementary goals around decentralizing finance and creating new ways for individuals to access funding.

To illustrate the alignment, here are the Shapeshift vision and mission:

Vision:

We envision a borderless financial system built on open, decentralized protocols.

Mission:

We shall be the pathway into this borderless financial system; an open-source, multi-chain, self-custody crypto platform enabling billions to achieve financial sovereignty.

Compare that to the goals of the Giveth team:

Giveth is a community focused on Building the Future of Giving using blockchain technology. Our intention is to support and reward the funding of public goods by creating open, transparent and free access to the revolutionary funding opportunities available within the Ethereum ecosystem.

To further those ends, it would be helpful to increase the amount of token liquidity available to both DAOs, increasing the overall utility of the tokens and reducing the friction of making transactions in both currencies.

The Giveth team has expressed an interest in exploring this partnership, and wants to gauge interest among members of the Shapeshift DAO.

Specification

1. If the proposal is voted YES, then the following steps will happen:

The ShapeShift DAO and the Giveth DAO will both hold votes on whether to approve the trade.

2. If both votes are approved, the process will move forward.

Both DAOs will agree on a day and time when the token prices will be set, and an exchange or website that will act as the definitive token price setter.

3. Based on the price of FOX at the appointed day and time, the ShapeShift DAO will remove $50,000 worth of FOX tokens from the treasury, and send them to the Giveth DAO. In return, the Giveth DAO will send $50,000 worth of GIV tokens to the ShapeShift DAO.
  4. After receiving the GIV tokens, ShapeShift DAO will take those tokens along with another $50,000 of FOX tokens from the ShapeShift treasury, and put them into a FOX / GIV liquidity pool.
  5. a. Question: What chain and dex should we select to host the pool
  6. b. Question: What is the best way to manage the wallet that controls the LP tokens?
  7. We cannot explicitly control what the Giveth DAO does with their assets. But our expectation will be that they take the FOX tokens they receive, combine them with an additional $50,000 of GIV tokens, and put both tokens into a FOX / GIV liquidity pool.
  8. a. Question: Should we ask them to use the same pool as ShapeShift does? Or would it be better if they created a pool on a different chain and/or dex?

Benefits

The primary benefit is increased liquidity for token swaps.

The Giveth team is currently establishing liquidity pools with several other partner DAOs that are related, complementary, or otherwise similar. By enhancing FOX/GIV liquidity, we make it easier for those other tokens to interact with the ShapeShift ecosystem.

Drawbacks

It takes tokens from the treasury that could otherwise be used for other purposes.

While we expect the Giveth DAO will use the swapped tokens to add to the liquidity pool, there is no effective way to guarantee they are put to that use. In effect, once we swap tokens, the Giveth DAO is free to use them as they wish. Nevertheless, we believe they will add them to the pool.

Vote

YES : Swap $50,000 of FOX tokens to the Giveth DAO for $50,000 in GIV tokens, then add $50,000 of FOX tokens and the GIV tokens to a FOX / GIV liquidity pool

NO: Do not swap tokens with the Giveth DAO, and do not add tokens to a GIV / FOX liquidity pool.

What do you think of this proposal? Cast a vote in the straw poll below, as to whether you think we should move this to the next round of consideration.

Love the Giveth project and think we should pursue this token swap!

I obviously support this 1f603 Giveth and ShapeShift are my two favorite projects in the universe.

Only $50k though? I would support a $250k swap to increase FOX/GIV liquidity by $1M. Was chatting with the other day, and this would go a long way toward hitting the liquidity threshold for FOX on Gnosis Chain necessary for FOX to be supported on Agave.

GIV is currently #4 token on honeyswap after xDAI, GNO, and HNY

Talking to Willy… 250k USD worth of GIV and 250K worth of Fox might be a better option 1f603

Let’s go big!

those do seem like more appropriate numbers for a swap like this 1f642

I like the idea of a potential swap between the FOX and GIV communities and the joint LP has been an awesome tool so far that brings further utility from the swap. I am somewhat neutral on the amount involved but that would be the main thing to decide here.

As a general concept this has my support though!

I support this and think $250k worth of FOX is a good amount to allocate for it.

This proposal is amazing i support this both projects are great , and as indicates, that amount is really good!!

discourse-post-upload20231125-65354-zsozg2.png Griff:

Let’s go big!

Based on the positive feedback in this Incubation round, I have changed the allocation to $500,000 FOX + $500,000 GIV, for a total pool of $1,000,000.

I have advanced this proposal to the “Ideation Phase” and assigned it SCP #73.

The updated proposal can be found here:

discourse-post-upload20231125-65354-zsozg2.pngSCP-73: FOX – GIV Treasury Swap and Liquidity Provision

SCP # and Title SCP-73 - FOX – GIV Treasury Swap and Liquidity Provision Summary We propose to create a $1,000,000 FOX / GIV liquidity pool by swapping FOX tokens from the ShapeShift DAO treasury for GIV tokens from the Giveth DAO treasury, then adding the tokens to a combined liquidity pool. Abstract We propose taking a total allocation of $500,000 worth of FOX tokens from the treasury to create a FOX / GIV liquidity pool. We initially swap $250,000 worth of the FOX tokens to the Giveth D…