- Proposal: Sponsor ETHDenver and Supporting Events
Summary: Sponsor ETHDenver. This would include the sponsorship, the hosting of two afterparty events, and fund scholarships for ShapeShift DAO members to attend.
Motivation: Centralized ShapeShift has been attending and sponsoring ETHDenver for the last 5 years, as this event was in our own backyard. Now that we are a DAO and decentralized, we should consider many events, but what better way to start this DAO sponsorship theme than through our roots at ETHDenver. We would also be supporting another DAO, as with the genesis of Spork DAO in June 2021, ETHDenver is the first event based DAO in the world.
Our motivation to sponsor this event is the exposure and supporting the BUIDLer community around us. These attendees are motivated, educated and the right type of connections for our DAO to be building. The attendees of this event include students, developers, technologists, community leaders, educational professionals, entrepreneurs and more.
Since 2018 ETHDenver has seen over 40,000 attendees, 200+ international sponsors, 800+ teams, 400+ buidlers, representatives from 49 states and 104 countries. To date, ETHDenver is the world’s longest running and most diverse EThereum event produced.
Our specific goals would be to:
Raise awareness about ShapeShift’s journey to become a DAO
- Recruit 3 interested developers to work with the DAO
- Recruit 3 other members to other workstreams
- Get 500 new members in the Discord
- Speak on at least 1 panel
- Host at least 1 workshop
- Submit 3 bounties to the hackathon participants
- Create DAO to DAO relationships and partnerships
- Garner press and PR for the DAO
- Meet ShapeShift DAO community members in the flesh and strengthen these relationships
- Raise at least $100,000 in ETH for CoinCenter
Please note these budgets are estimates at the moment. This event team will produce a report at the end with all costs to be transparent to the DAO. Any remaining funds that are not used will be returned to the DAO. I will alter these amounts before moving to formal proposal, if there seems to be general support. I also need to hear back from ETHDenver team to see if this level of sponsorship is still available.
Presenting Level- $55,000
- 10 Sporkwhale tickets
- XL (largest size) Logo on website, photo backdrop, stage banners, livestream, denver nft scavenger hunt, lanyard placement, badge placement.
- Social, Blog and PR communications
- Sponsor Table- Premium location, first choice
- BUIDL Week featured calendar listing
- Access to BUIDLers linkedin/github
- Opening Ceremony Keynote - 10 minutes
- Bounty Prize Limit: $50,000
- 1 Panel Spot x 1 Workshop and 1 x Talk
- Swag for the table, and incentives to achieve our goals. $6500
- Tshirts/ Stickers
- $500 of this budget would go to designs
- Scholarships for DAO community members to attend $6500
- While the event is a free event, it does require travel to get out here. We would like to be able to fund at least 8 ShapeShift DAO members with a $800 scholarship to offset the costs of travel. They would have to work a shift at the booth and attend/ help host the party. Denver residents are not eligible.
- Workstreams can still sponsor the remainder of the cost of the trip
- Sponsorship total: $68,000
Fundraiser for CoinCenter/ VIP Dinner Event (48 ish attendees):
Being a new DAO many of us are interested in supporting the work of Coin Center. Coin Center is the leading non-profit focused on the policy issues facing cryptocurrencies. They engage in research, educate policymakers, and advocate for sensible regulatory approaches to this technology. Another reason I find hosting a fundraiser as the DAO is to show we have a vested interest in this community and its future.
The theme of the dinner will be Wild West Pioneers. We will invite a few VIP guests of honor that have founded or greatly contributed to the Denver/ Colorado crypto ecosystem. Including Erik Voorhees. This event will be sponsored by the ShapeShift DAO and will cost attendees 0.5- 1 ETH donation to CoinCenter to attend. Our goal is to raise $100,000 - $200,000 for Coin Center and garner more exposure for our DAO. ** These amounts are subject to change based on which VIP Guests we can secure.
We would also like to create a one of 48 NFT for the attendees of this party. There is a budget for design and minting in this section.
Shuttle Bus for 48 | $1,800 |
Food for 48 | $5,500 |
Staff | $2,000 |
Alcohol | $1,200 |
NFT Design and Minting | $2,500 |
Total | $13,000 |
After Party for ETHDenver- 200 attendees:
While the conference brings professional relationships and contacts with BUIDLers in the community. The afterparty typically provides a space to build long lasting relationships and opportunities for the DAO. We have seen these afterparties be more fruitful than the conferences themselves at both ETHParis and at ETHLisbon. Those events were not even sponsored by ShapeShift, we can imagine the relationships and bonds we will build at our own sponsored event. There will be appetizers, alcoholic beverages and entertainment for the attendees. Space will be limited to 200 attendees, plus 25 ShapeShift DAO members. We would like a POAP for this event.
After Party | |
Shuttle Bus for 225 | $4,200 |
Apps for 225 | $5,500 |
Staff | $2,000 |
Alcohol | $5,000 |
Entertainment | $5,500 |
Limited Edition Swag for donation | |
Total | $22,200 |
We would ask for this amount in USDC if possible, if not the FOX that would be granted to this event team would be immediately transferred into USDC, so that we are able to pay all our vendors without risk of market fluctuations.
Including all the goals listed above.
We would like to be seen in the same light as other top DAOs that have sponsored this event. Including but not limited to Uniswap, AAVE, Near, Gitcoin
- Colorado is at the forefront of new organizational structures and business models, Colorado Governor Jared Polis announced at the 2021 ETHDenver that Colorado intends to become the “first digital state” We would like to continue to build our relationship with Colorado and help them understand the benefits of DAOs.
- We would like to raise money for CoinCenter in hopes that we can help them to educate lawmakers and stakeholders about the benefits of DAOs.
The ask for $103,200 is not a small one, it should be considered carefully and weighed with the benefits and possible opportunities our DAO would create by sponsoring and attending these events.
Yes- ShapeShift DAO should sponsor ETHDenver, events and scholarships for $103,200
No- I do not support this proposal in its current form