Proposal to Gather Data

I would love for us to gather data that we can analyze to use as information to feed into proposals and the roadmap.

The Vision, Mission, and Values post

• is a great true north to keep us on track towards where we want to go.

The purpose of this proposal is to help us get an accurate picture of where we are, identify opportunities and priorities.

I think this will help us identify the features that will create the most value for users and thus allow us to prioritize based on data. ie How do we know any of the existing and future proposals hold any merit? Why not give the voters data to fuel their decisions? And at a minimum, the data can help us prioritize between the existing proposals.

What data do we currently have access to? popular assets, trading pairs, site visits, page views per session, pool sizes, etc…

• How can we gather more data? User surveys, user interviews, polls, chain activity…

In the book “Escaping the Build Trap”, there is a great methodology shown below. I think this helps to ensure you build features that create real outcomes rather than just pushing lots of features and unnecessarily burning through resources.

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard10/uploads/foxcookieco/original/1X/2cce5a0377b5677f9d001c480bd6f4ce76c5b224.jpeg

Hey - I agree with on the workstream

And there is also another related forum post about this going on: Who are the ShapeShift users? - #3 by SS-Matt

My recommendation is to remove this one and join the discussion in that other forum post for data related things

Thanks for the replies.

Happy to have this moved to the marketing workstream or that other related post.

I still believe that data should be part of the product workstream. And for anything that seems daunting, there should be a smaller initiative that can get the ball rolling while still providing value.

Have you considered continuing to push this? I think it’s a great idea esp for transparency, since this is still an issue.

Thanks for the push.

I haven’t had any plans to push this further. I had looked into the other post that was linked but hadn’t found a way to use that data.

Perhaps with a rested mind I can bring something of value to the den. Did you have any thoughts on how to best approach this?

Was about to create a topic addressing the lack of financial transparency and this happened to be close enough to the subject matter to chime in. It’s very much a topic that falls into a “data to analyze” category.

There may be something published somewhere that has some semblance of a budget, but I haven’t laid my eyes on it thus far.

Is there a quarterly budget anyone should be conscious of when making proposals whose amount is deducted when a proposal passes or that should be weighted for a vote one way or another in active forum discussions → ideation → boardroom?

This seems like a component that should be formalized into a DAO framework.

It looks like the Unified Information Access workstream that I proposed will pass (don’t want to jinx it yet, but at the moment we have enough for a soft quorum). As the leader of this workstream, financial transparency is definitely one of many information focal points that I will push to clarify and make transparent.

Let me know if you’d like to help in that aspect.

edit: as far as I know, a lot of things are a bit ‘hush hush’ until the complete decentralification is complete. I believe that is something they aim to complete by the end of the year, so I’d assume some sensitive info that their legal counsel recommends not releasing yet may be hard to obtain.

I have big fish fry’n - in other words, although I enjoy composing financial analytics my time is best invested in other ways. However, for the sake of structure and prioritizing efforts the DAO invests time and resources in - it’s a topic of the upmost importance.

I could help out some. I’m keen on automating things.

Absolutely, I’m glad we think alike. One of the reasons I pushed for the unified information access is to one day leverage it for all kinds of automation, from customer support to portfolio rebalancing.

People have questioned the purpose or the end-goal of the information workstream. Yes, translation is a huge part of it. But many people don’t realize that everything else begins with information. Information, information, information. (I’m using the term information loosely here; data == information in my eyes)