Proposal to create a Unification Workstream, topics should pertain to subject matter and ideas on how the DAO can help uplift its members to participate to their fullest potential.
I would like to propose a multifunctional wellness and DAO strengthening workstream. The ethos of a DAO is made of three unifying parts, Decentralized Autonomous Organization. This workstream’s focus is on the organization aspect of this ethos and its supportive role in bridging the decentralized and autonomous units together to form one DAO. Its primary function would be directed at developing the means to help maintain the overall health and wellbeing of the organization that is the Shapeshift DAO.
Why would people use this workstream? What is it for?
- This workstream is intended to be developed for those looking to be and already participating in the ShapeShift DAO. A preliminary outline of function would include but not be limited to providing access and ability. Initial steps would include:
Developing, building, and maintaining a system for facilitating shared communal assets among the DAO organizational units. This would be designed and implemented applying the ethos of decentralization and following the stated values of the DAO mission.
Act as a mediator helping to address concerns from participating parties. Help facilitate the discovery of qualification and ability assessments for those proposing to enter workstream roles, some examples are:
Maintain documents on workstream determined needs, assessments that can be re-shared to different workstreams, updated and reused, build efficiencies toward ease of on-boarding and off-boarding members.
- Act as a communication and informational conduit between parties. Mentor interested parties in different stages of ShapeShift DAO journey, examples can include:
Aspiring workstream members
- New workstream members
- Existing workstream members
- Developing workstream members
- Outgoing workstream members
Are you applying to lead this workstream?
Yes I would like to request to the DAO community that I be appointed as the first leader of this Unification Workstream.
How will this workstream work to differentiate itself from other workstreams?
This workstream will work throughout and with all workstreams as a whole, the ShapeShift foundation and the community users that are yet to be or are current workstream members. The workstream will be available to work in addressing existing, new, and yet to be determined concerns. Developed to adapt with and designed for unifying the ShapeShift DAO community. This in part is accomplished by bridging needs, communication, and resources while looking to offer mentoring assistance to interested parties.
What is the mission of this workstream?
- To proactively work to prevent barriers of access across all organizational functions, building pathways to greater communication and access. providing resources and ability to the whole DAO while developing adaptive efficiencies and procedures.
- This workstream will act as an impartial mediation toolset for all represented DAO interests. developed to provide insight, support, and functionality to all DAO parties including WorkStreams, community members, and the shape shift foundation
- Build community bonds, bridge organizational capability, strengthen its ties to fellow members, function, adaptation, and the stated DAO ethos.
What are the goals of this workstream?
Uphold and help maintain the interest of the established and documented ethos
- of the DAO
- Work to decentralize organization, integrate members and focus on organizational health.
- Work in conjunction to help reduce frictions, assist in assimilations, transitioning, and bridge communication between DAO members and units that make up the complete community. An initial focus on the three unifying community groups.
- Genesis Fox DAO
- ShapeShift Foundation
- ShapeShift DAO entry
- Provide transparency into the ShapeShift DAO, workstream, and foundation activities. Offering documentation and knowhow on budgeting, process, procedure, toolset, and systems.
- Strengthen the ability of the ShapeShift DAO to help better ensure community resolve, address the unknown, and adapt to persistent and varying change, while still working to address and maintain the future health of the ShapeShift community.
What metrics will be available to measure the success of this workstream’s efforts and achievements?
This workstream is being proposed to be achievement based and will be sectioned into articles listed in the SoW (Statement of Work). This will take place over a predetermined period of time and held accountable by determined milestones. As milestones are achieved the release of requested funds contained within the overall article budgets and specifically the individual milestones themselves are disbursed. As SoW are completed new determined needs will be proposed to the community to vote on and then amended into the workstream. After each completed milestone, documentation will be provided to the community (platform to be determined) as to what was accomplished, how and why. The SoW is a verifiable agreement between the DAO and the workstream members
What should topics in this category generally contain?
Some of the initial topics should pertain to subject matter and ideas on how the DAO can help uplift its members to participate to their fullest potential. Ideas on bridging resources and ability to strengthen the overall DAO and discovery of toolsets that assist in the mission statement of the Unification Workstream.
Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or sub-category?
Yes I believe that we need this category, I hope that others can see the great potential and associated value with this category. I believe that a workstream that is intended to build, maintain, and adapt to the organization needs of the DAO can offer the tools and ability to better greet and meet current and future challenges.
Will this workstream hold recurring meetings?
Yes this will take the form of separate and dedicated meetings as well as joint or combined efforts. This being up to the DAO’s determination to be most effective and efficient with community time.
Included additional documents and links: