Draft 1 Moderation Renewal July 2022 - Dec 2022

2022 July-Dec Moderation

Workstream Renewal

Summary

The Community Moderation Workstream is primarily responsible to support the

community and to maintain the integrity of all ShapeShift various platforms such as

Discord, The Forum, Boardroom and Notion. Future platforms that the community

chooses to implement may also be included. This workstream is used daily to ensure

the smooth operation of the ShapeShift DAO.

This proposal is to renew the Moderation Workstream, re-elect Giantkin as leader and

fund the workstream through the end of December 2022.

Abstract

Moderation supports all workstreams and all users within each of the platforms it

moderates. As we bring more members into the various platforms, moderators act as so

much more than bot managers and spam blockers. Not only do the moderators set up

the verification process, they are the point of contact for members having issues with

the verification process. They function as the greeters of the DAO, if you will. Our team

of moderators clears the path for new members, new contributors and new supporters

by facilitating a fluid user experience. Enthusiastic about all things defi and crypto,

empowering community members, new and old alike, on their journey to selfempowered entrepreneurism.

Motivation

The mission of this workstream is simple: to help people. Moderation is the workstream

you never knew you needed, but couldn’t live without. From welcoming new users to

setting up Zoom calls to managing bots. Moderation is here to support the community.

This workstream strives to create a space that fosters security, growth and innovation.

Our team of trustworthy, confident and enthusiastic moderators allows for

decentralization of community moderation. This may address the point of preventing

accusations of vested interest, since only community elected mods have the power to

preserve and maintain the DAO culture.

2022 July-Dec Moderation Workstream Renewal 2

As the workstream leader, I want to make the user feel like they are able to relax. Users

are most likely talking from their home space, home usually means they feel safe. I want

to keep that feeling in our group.

Specification

Moderators take on wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:

Organize user flow via roles, channels and bots

Create and maintain scheduled events in sesh & Discord

Provide protection from scammers

Warn abusers (strike system established by Giantkin)

Providing Discord support

Facilitating ‘temps’ for a job, for example, providing the DJ with a role for the event

Help maintain and update server images such as avatars, stickers, emojis, etc.

(graymachine)

Provide moderation support (live when possible) for meetings and community

events

Drive users to the proper channels

Continually monitoring channels, and other server banlists for potential

spam/scammers and adding them into our banlist

Taking part in Support/Ops triage process by shuttling members requesting support

to the proper channels, connecting with self help resources, #support, Zendesk, etc

as appropriate

Appropriate use of Admin Switch by Community Moderation Workstream Leader

What are the goals of this workstream? What metrics can this workstream’s

success be measured against?

Provide 12 hour moderation coverage to ShapeShift DAO’s community channels,

with the eventual goal to provide 24 hour coverage

—I like to Under Promise, and Over Deliver. I think i can stand by my actions so far to date.

Proactively ban 90% of scammers/bots that try to sneak into ShapeShift discord

2022 July-Dec Moderation Workstream Renewal 3

Ensure that all community meetings are scheduled on the calendar

The Moderation Workstream is successful when you don’t notice that it’s there.

During the Jan - June 2022 term, the Moderation Workstream has accomplished the

following:

Stopped 21 raids (at the time of this posting)

Banned 922+ bots (at the time of this posting)

Assisted with Education with a new user flow

Sustainability updates to server roles and channels

Updates to Role Selector

Created embeds to improve readability

Benefits

Keeps the discord clear of spammers

Limits the Scammers on server

Drawbacks

Growing member list, growing expense.

I see i lost all formating. Anyone know how to copy out of notion with Formatting? lol. (i had to export to pdf, then copied in from there)

Hoping for a TEMPerature check.

• thanks for getting this posted and a huge thanks to all that you and your team do for the DAO. It is amazing how many places in discord the mod squad is watching and helping.

I am not clear on the differences in budget that you are asking for feedback on. Would you be able to break it down a bite more and highlight the differences with each option?

For example, is the 15,050 budget number just higher because of the bot fund? what benefits should we expect from the bot fund for the increased expense?

ofc! actually the 15k one, was before i let someone go. Before that, i was over budget by a bit. Right now, payout is 5k for GK, 3k for Pzy, and 1500 for shadow. i want to give both pzy more, and shadow more. and tossing different numbers out. 5k, 4k, and 3k would get us to 12k (add $50 for bot fund (just pays for the current bots) $200 maybe for a future bot bounty.

Ok, let me try to redo the poll, with better clarity.

Is that show the differences better? bot fund is same (just keeps the premium subscriptions active. the Bot Bounty fund, just to accrue some extra, in case of another Bounty idea for a bit. (last one is now active and working) and ofc, all numbers roll over, if Moderation WS ever ends any/all unspent funds is returned to the treasury. (and at any time on ask)

Overall, pzy is awesome. between the 2 of us, we cover most of the server. however, we would like some time off here and there. Im hoping to cut my hours down some.

I see i lost all formating

Seems like Notion’s content gets copied in Markdown, and our forum supports Markdown too. So just copy/paste directly from Notion 1f609

Totally failed. i had to export to PDF, then copy , and paste. prbably a button that would fix that. 1f609 but im good enough now.

Yup, I follow the differences now. Thank you for the added clarity.

Just throwing this out there - but If you believe your team is currently under compensated for the excellent work they do, one option may be to add some boosted FOX as compensation to them so that they have more ownership, voting rights, and upside in the DAO. Of course they would have to want that option, but worth considering in your proposal.

I should note, All numbers are in USDC, but that does not preclude taking in Fox, and that I took 100% fox (and boosted) myself this last month. Not that i can do that every month however. but i can and will take as much as i can in fox. i think i could say 50% every month, and locked up. but ill, rework some numbers, and ask some questions. might look better on paper. easier to think on usdc terms, and then take in fox. 1f642

ok. looks like the first (unclear) poll was split on higher fund, and same amount. so i will aim for the same amount. its kinda what i was thinking, but was hoping for more. Taking Oxceans thought and running with it a bit… Skipping poll. How does this sound then?

$10600 (in usdc) $5k gk, 3k Pzy, and $1.5k Shadow , plus $500 boosted Fox for each Pzy and shadow. and the 50/50 bot funds.

(i plan on doing 50% in boost)

Pzy and shadow can choose to take some more of their USDC in Fox (and/or boost)

I think that puts me lower. at $9600 Plus $1000 in Boosted locked fox.

I hope they pay a fair wage for all your fantastic work being done!2705

thanks for this. I certainly support your workstream. There is so much conversation to need to read through here to get at what you are actually asking. Your final request would be $9600 USDC per month and $1000 worth of FOX (then boosted) per month?

yes. lowering my overall number, but wanting to … give them something extra. instead of a usdc raise. if we lock it up for x time etc. as 0xean said, lets them put some skin in the game. (oownership, and voting rights eventually) Trying to clarify. $500 Fox locked for x time for each. (totally seperate from if they choose their own boost amounts. its just a bonus.

and i take 50% in the locked fox of my number)

*not sure im explaining this right.

happy to take some responsibility off gk and pzy, I think gk would like some feedback on best option even though we are a small portion of overall DAO we don’t love the idea of raising wages when everyone else is cutting back (hence getting paid in fox is ideal). maybe meeting somewhere in the middle?

To be honest/blunt… i realy want to push for pzy to get more. he’s doing alot. and making it so i dont have to be on as much. and shadow is our coverage for both us (and some of the weird hours) If i could push up a bit, i would gladly up pzy’s number first and foremost. I just dont know how, with everyone cutting.

I will say I am happy to do whatever for the DAO.

I’ve gained great friends and relationships while getting compensated for making everybody’s lives easier when it comes to Our home-base of Discord. I may not always speak, but I’m usually always around! 1f642

If it means more of a FOX/boosted percentage I am 100% okay with that! Lets keep this DAO rolling.

ok, after alot of back and forth etc. (and reassuring conversations) im thinking -

‘current’ is a hair lower that Previous really. ( previous was 11700 for a month or 2, then dropped a bit each month, and then 10600/month for the last 3(?) months.) thats the target number. I am thinking i hit that number, and push for Locked fox as bonus’ for both Pzy/shadow.

So $11000 total. $5k GK, $3.5k Pzy, $1.5k Shadow. $100 Bot (50/50 current/future) , $500 locked for Pzy. $400 locked for Shadow. (lock time tbd? 6-12months?)

(above is given in USDC. however, any choice available for Fox payout, is not considered. I plan on 50% for this entire Term. (i should be ok to do that (opolis))