As a product-centric DAO, a well-resourced Product & Creative Services Workstream is vital to our success. The Workstream is accountable for a number of activities which are critical to the DAO’s ability to delight users, grow the FOX ecosystem, and achieve its mission. This is a proposal to continue funding the Product & Creative Services Workstream’s anticipated budget through June 30, 2022.
Continuing to fund this workstream will ensure that the ShapeShift DAO can retain the extraordinary talent that the Workstream already has while also ensuring the team can expand and fulfill the growing product, design and UX needs that the DAO’s product development and creative requirements demand. The workstream has so far succeeded in hitting their goals, and has completed a large number of projects including the launch of the new responsive Alpha website and successful Yearn integration. We’re also working on an updated proposal to implement analytics on an Alpha version of the web app (alpha.shapeshift.com) where new features will be released first. This will enable us to collect and report metrics to the community while still offering a private, analytics-free version of the app on app.shapeshift.com. View completed items on our roadmap (completed items are moved to the bottom) and on our UX/Design board (completed items are in the completed column).
Mission: Design and execute the optimal product roadmap for achieving the mission and goals of the ShapeShift DAO. And now, with the addition of the Creative Services group (voted on and approved
- by the community) to also provide design-oriented and brand-focused creative support, guidelines, and guardrails to the myriad of projects the DAO will take on.
Curate and propose a product roadmap based on research, user feedback and behavior, and informed vision that aligns with the mission and goals of the ShapeShift DAO.
- Provide feature specifications (including goals and success metrics), UI/UX designs, product management, and applicable front-end development for features prioritized by the ShapeShift DAO.
- Represent the ShapeShift DAO’s product suite, roadmap, and workstream and act as a repository of knowledge.
- Ensure the delivery of prioritized features on time, on or under budget, and according to the acceptance criteria defined in each feature spec written by the Product Managers.
- Assist with one-off community projects as needed, and make sure all projects executed by the workstream and outside the workstream are on brand and pass usability.
- Help all ShapeShift Workstreams communicate effectively, by creating engaging
- content that is aligned with the brand of ShapeShift DAO.
- Communicate ideas, create materials to educate FOX holders, assist in the creative needs to help launch marketing campaigns and expand the effectiveness of the brand.
- Success Metrics
Define and propose an evolving roadmap that aligns with the vision of the DAO and is discussed with and accepted by the community
- Features on the roadmap are delivered in milestones, on or under budget, and according to the acceptance criteria defined in each feature spec.
- The KPIs specified in each feature are tracked and reported to the community (once Analytics are implemented into Alpha).
- Execute projects that lead to growth in DAO revenues.
- Own and evolve the brand and ensure a polished, professional image in all that we DAO.
Total Funds Requested For 6 months: $686,049*
*This covers salaries, software, test funds, etc. All unused funds will be returned to the treasury
The budget has been revised from the previous budget, as the needs from the workstream have evolved in the past several months. We have removed the Project Manager roles, as it currently stands, they are not immediately necessary. Should the need arise to add those or additional roles in the future, separate proposals will be made accordingly.
Also, it is worth noting that Diggy was voted into the Workstream leadership role, through Feb 2022. If she plans to run for the Workstream leader position beyond that timeframe, she will make a separate proposal later on.
If this proposal passes, the equivalent amount of FOX will be transferred from the DAO’s treasury to the Product Workstream on Colony on a monthly basis. Because the budget is denominated in $USD and FOX is a volatile asset, any decreases in FOX price will warrant additional transfers of FOX from the DAO to the Product Workstream on Colony to ensure the workstream has enough FOX to cover its budget. We are also hoping that much of this budget will be able to be distributed in stable coin going forward. All unused funds will be returned to the DAO.
If this proposal passes, the DAO will receive the following specific deliverables and services which are integral to its success:
• Proposed feature roadmap encompassing the following products the DAO: ShapeShift Mobile, current web app (beta.shapeshift.com), new open-source web app, shapeshift.com, and other products the ShapeShift DAO launches
• Feature specs for prioritized feature including goals, success metrics, and acceptance criteria
• UI/UX for each prioritized feature
• Front-end development
• Reporting on product KPIs and feature success metrics (once Analytics are in place)
• Design-oriented and brand-focused creative support, guidelines, and guardrails to the myriad of projects the DAO will take on
The main potential risk is whether cost/benefit of a product workstream will be worth it to the DAO’s bottom-line in the long term. To mitigate this risk, only 6 months of funding are being requested. The funds will be managed on Colony and can be revoked by the DAO in a worst-case-scenario.
Yes: You support funding the workstream’s anticipated 2022 budget for 6 months totaling $686,049
No: You do not support continuing to fund the product workstream.