As a product-centric DAO, a well-resourced product workstream is vital to our success. This is a proposal to officially establish the Product Workstream and fund its anticipated budget through December 2021.
For a video version of this proposal, check out the recording from the Product Workstream Kickoff call on 8/16/2021.
Here are the slides from the kickoff.
Design and execute the optimal product roadmap for achieving the mission and goals of the ShapeShift DAO.
Curate and propose a product roadmap based on research, user feedback and behavior, and informed vision that aligns with the mission and goals of the ShapeShift DAO
- Provide feature specifications (including goals and success metrics), UI/UX designs, project management, and applicable front-end development for all features prioritized by the ShapeShift DAO
- Represent the ShapeShift DAO’s product suite, roadmap, and workstream and act as a repository of knowledge
- Ensure the delivery of prioritized features on time, under budget, and according to the acceptance criteria defined in each feature spec
- Assist with one-off community projects as needed, and make sure all projects executed by the workstream and outside the workstream are on brand and pass usability
Define and propose a roadmap that is accepted and funded by the community
- Features on the roadmap are delivered on time, on or under budget, and according to the acceptance criteria defined in each feature spec
- The KPIs specified in each feature are tracked and reported to the community
- Growth in DAO revenues
Any unused funds can either be returned to the DAO or rolled over into a subsequent funding proposal.
Once established, the product workstream will seek to hire full-time contributors. We’re fortunate to have many of the following ShapeShift employees interested in contributing:
@willyfox - Temp Workstream Leader (unpaid)
- - Product Manager
- - Project Manager
- - UX Manager
- - UI/UX Designer/Developer
- - UI/UX Designer/Developer
- - Interaction Designer & Illustrator
All of the above foxes will begin contributing to the workstream beginning in September, although several will are not scheduled to end their employment with ShapeShift the corp until the end of October (, , ) or end of December (
- ). As these individuals transition from working for corporate ShapeShift to the product workstream, their salaries ramp up.
The workstream is also actively hiring for 3 roles:
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
Stay tuned for job descriptions and more information on how to apply.
The workstream is also requesting a $2,500/month budget to reward miscellaneous contributions or bounties.
Please let us know if you have any feedback on the mission, goals, KPIs, roles, or budget for the Product Workstream.
If feedback is positive, my plan is to take this to the Ideation phase on Friday so we can fund the workstream before September 1st.
Once established, the first goal of product workstream will be to propose a feature roadmap to the DAO. Once approved, the workstream will focus on providing feature specs, ui/ux designs and development, and product/project management services to the engineering workstream to execute the roadmap.
Thank you all for your consideration. Let’s DAO it! 1f680