Proposal to fund the Product Workstream through December 2021

1. I think ~2 months is a good estimate for workstream leader, but it’s just an estimate and the only guarantee is that we will learn a lot in the process. Here’s my logic for ~2 months:

2-3 weeks to propose and formalize the process for electing workstream leaders

3-4 weeks to raise awareness for the role and collect applications/recorded interviews (see https://vidcruiter.com

1. )
  2. 2 weeks for community to elect the workstream leader from the pool of applicants

Open to any and all feedback on this estimated timeline! 1f64f

If there are a ton of candidates, it might make sense to filter out the best/ most qualified for the community to vote on.

Apologies if I’ve missed this elsewhere, by why is listed in two roles, (Workstream Leader and PM #1) both of which receive salaries at the same time?

No worries, good to clarify this further!

We’re proposing as interim workstream leader until the community elects a product workstream leader in ~2 months (which could very well be CAO ofc). If another workstream leader gets elected, will most likely be Product Manager (up to the product workstream leader) and would get the PM salary and the workstream leader would get their salary.

Chatted with about this before proposing to governance and we agreed the interim workstream leader role would be “unpaid,” and that for the first two months while she is still employed full time by ShapeShift she would still get paid the difference between her current salary as project manager and new salary as product manager.

Hope that answers, but please lmk if anything still isn’t clear.

So would only be one or the other, not both?

will be both the workstream leader and a product manager for the first 2 months, but is not requesting additional compensation as interim workstream leader.

After the first 2 months, a workstream leader will get elected by the community and will start getting the workstream leader salary. If is elected as workstream leader that will be her and the workstream will need to find a separate product manager who will then get the product manager salary. So to be crystal clear, at no point will anybody get paid 2 full time salaries.