Roadmap Proposal through December 2021

Hello Foxes! Here is a proposal for the upcoming roadmap. A community call is scheduled for tomorrow, September 23, 2021 at 11am MT/1pm ET to review the vision for the ShapeShift DAO and the proposed roadmap.

Roadmap Proposal through December 2021

Summary

This is a proposal for the roadmap for the ShapeShift product until December 2021. The roadmap includes plans to continue open sourcing code as well as adding new features; it defines where the works is to be done; and how it will be completed (inside or outside the workstream).

Abstract

Below is a screenshot of the top items we would like to focus on. A more complete roadmap can be found here

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard10/uploads/foxcookieco/optimized/1X/bdc7033a1f8bd668d1927da6c88add60d5fa22e6_2_624x484.png

Fairdrop: this is complete and is being announced today! This was voted on by the community and includes additional DeFi communities in the airdrop.

Send and Receive (ETH): this has been completed in the open source version and will bring the open source web app up to parity with beta.shapeshift.com. Send and receive will work for other blockchains when they are added. I have it marked as 70% complete since it is not yet available to users.

Second round of FOX farming: this was voted on and passed by the community. It extends fox farming in the uniswap v2 pool.

Adding swapper into lib: this is code we have for beta.shapeshift.com and by open sourcing it, it will be easier for anyone to add a swapping protocol.

Bitcoin Blockchain Unchained & Bitcoin Blockchain Chain Adapters: this is the second blockchain being added so that we can cross chain support and so that the open source version is closer to parity with beta.shapeshift.com.

Post airdrop screens: this is a small lift that tells users the airdrop has ended and points users to FOX farming.

Wallet Plan: This is a spike to figure out the best way for users to connect their wallet(s) to the platform.

.com updates & adding new pages: this is to updates shapeshift.com.

Tendermint Blockchains: this is architecture for Tendermint blockchains so that each one can be easily added.

Display DeFi positions: This will show users all their DeFi positions when they connect their wallet.

Osmosis Trading, Staking on Osmo, LP Cosmo/Osmo, KeepKey Osmo support: This was a proposal by ss-danielle that was passed by the community. The team has begun working on this.

OpenSea Milestone 1: graymachine has taken on writing the specs for this. This will include an affiliate link so that the DAO can generate revenue.

Staking on Cosmos: Once staking on osmo has been complete, this will be very similar and will give users another option to earn yield on their crypto.

Add liquefier to lib: This is code that needs to be open sourced so that anyone can more easily add different protocols to earn yield.

Yearn: This will allow users to deposit into Yearn vaults. ShapeShift will be part of the Yearn partner program that will generate revenue for the DAO.

0x Trading Mainnet: this is a feature that is in beta.shapeshift.com and will bring the open source version closer to parity with beta.shapeshift.com.

THORChain Blockchain Unchained & Chain Adapters: This adds THORChain to the open source version bringing to close to parity with beta.shapeshift.com.

THORChain swapping: this is currently in beta.shapeshift.com, and by adding it, we will bring the open source version to parity with beta.shapeshift.com

Other EVM chains: this adds additional EVM chains via unchain and chain adapters.

0x Trading on other EVM chains: this will allow users to trade on additional chains besides ETH mainnet.

Motivation

This lays out a plan for the development of the product. It allows everyone to be aligned with goals and why features are being added when. By passing the roadmap (or one that is very similar), the community will be able to contribute more easily and other protocols will be able to integrate into our platform and the DAO will be able to generate revenue.

Benefits

This roadmap sets the stage so that the DAO can start earning revenue and will allow anyone else to be able to work within the ShapeShift ecosystem.

Drawbacks

There is a lot on the medium term roadmap and there is some needed architecture that needs to be added so that features can be added easily and quickly. However, I believe by going this route, we will build momentum and community members will be able to work with the code easily and other protocols will be motivated to partner with ShapeShift.

Vote

For: a vote for this means you support the priority and plan of the roadmap

Against: a vote means you do not support this roadmap or support a different priority of work.

I love all the top items and understand they are necessary before we start adding some more fun, defi features. I am SO excited to have more basic yield options for hodlers. Yay for Yearn and “liquefier” being on the list! Yield + revenue for the DAO? Can’t go wrong!

This is a ton of work to tackle. Nice work, product for getting it so well organized thus far!

Hi!

I forgot to follow up and post my earlier idea for the road map I had made a forum post for.

discourse-post-upload20231125-65354-zsozg2.pngProposal: Integrate Reward Collection vs Gas Fee Checks Into The Reward Claiming Process

SCP# 11: Integrate Reward Collection vs Gas Fee checks into the reward claiming process. Summary: Proposal to implement a check during the reward collection process to show in USD value the amount of the rewards collected vs the gas fees to collect said rewards, and confirmation they accept the gas/rewards. This is a feels bad moment that I think is rather easily avoidable and creates a bad taste in users’ mouths when they don’t realize what is going on. Abstract: Discord user, w7x, came…

Here is a link to the conversation that had occured.