ShapeShift Organizational Structure

How can a distributed den of foxes organize themselves optimally to achieve the greatest success?

1. Answering this question will be an ongoing journey, but this post intends to serve as a start. The following is an initial organizational structure for the ShapeShift DAO. Community members are invited and encouraged to experiment with, improve, and evolve this structure going forward.

Here are some of the main goals of this structure:

Offer context and clarity on how the ShapeShift DAO functions

2. Enable anyone to easily start contributing and earning FOX
  3. Enable workstreams to operate with a high level of autonomy to achieve their mission and goals
  4. Maximize governance participation and minimize fatigue
  5. Enable workstreams to securely manage and utilize funds allocated to them from the DAO

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard10/uploads/foxcookieco/optimized/1X/8730e1f12dc5d407d93fadf2f35f005cc93d2c3d_2_690x362.png

Updated May 10, 2022 (view original)The ShapeShift DAO is powered by a combination of Snapshot and Gnosis Safe, connected by the reality.eth-powered SafeSnap module.

The Workstreams and Individual Contributors/Squads sections of the chart are powered by Colony on xDAI and controlled by the ShapeShift DAO.

ShapeShift’s SnapShot

• enables FOX Token holders to vote on proposals by signing free messages rather than broadcasting expensive transactions.

ShapeShift’s SafeSnap

• enables proposal creators to include 1 or more transactions with a proposal, which if passed, will be executed the ShapeShift DAO’s Gnosis Safe

ShapeShift’s Gnosis Safe

• is the treasury for the ShapeShift DAO and the admin of ShapeShift’s Colony

ShapeShift’s Colony

• is controlled by the DAO, and enables DAO-appointed workstream leaders to request funding from the DAO and allocate it to individual contributors, squads, or other workstream expenses
  • As of the writing of this post, the night before we announce decentralized ShapeShift to the world, only 1 workstream has been defined, and all workstreams are waiting for leaders to apply. Over the coming weeks, I hope to see the following:

DAO adopts this structure as a starting point, but also starts to brainstorm how to improve it

• Workstream leaders apply and are elected by the DAO

Community members who are interested in contributing express their interest here

• and participate in finding the best leader for each stream

Once workstream leaders are elected, they can define their own workstream, start onboarding contributors, and can request funding from the DAO.

I think it’s going to the coolest thing ever and I can’t wait to see it unfold. Hope you’ll join me!

Here are the slides and recording from the Intro and AMA hosted in Discord on July 28, 2021

Slides: Organizational Structure.pdf - Google Drive

Recording: 2021-07-28 14-04-46.mkv - Google Drive

What a great start to decentralization. Look forward to working with you and anyone else who hops in to discuss what our decentralized starting structure looks like!

Looking forward to adding value where I can. Thank you for all the work you’ve done.

Wooow, looks fantastic

What is the process to get involved? I have 10 years experience in Digital marketing and currently head up a Digital Agency based in Sydney, so feel i could be of help.

the marketing and growth workstream is in the process of forming, sounds like you could be a good fit to contribute there. Perhaps post about your skillset and what you would like to contribute/work on here: Marketing & Growth - ShapeShift DAO

https://twitter.com/WillyOgo/status/1420095609826992132?s=20

Thanks this is a great overview and Im starting to understand what it will be like to work for the DAO!

Nice, that’s what I like to hear ! 1f462 1f3b5

Hey did you already post the slides or video somewhere? I took a look around but I couldn’t spot it on here or Discord.

Here are the slides and recording from the Intro and AMA hosted in Discord on July 28, 2021

Slides: Organizational Structure.pdf - Google Drive

Recording: 2021-07-28 14-04-46.mkv - Google Drive

(post deleted by author)

Can we update this bad boy with the newly updated graphic?

yes!!

Updated the image. only one thing missing, but if this looks ok…