So long and thanks for all the fox

GM all!

If you’ve not heard the news, my role has been eliminated from the DAO, and along with it the Creative Services group. I will be moving on to other endeavors, likely outside of web3. I don’t have a solid plan as of yet, but I’ve got a couple exciting things in the works. As far as I know, tomorrow (Jan 31) is my last day.

I want to extend a huge amount of gratitude to all of those that I’ve worked with in this crazy year that I’ve literally laughed and cried through. Beyond work, I had my own life challenges to juggle, and I appreciate the personal support that so many of you have shown me through the tough times. I’ve learned more new things over the last year than any year I can remember in recent history! Best wishes to all of you fighting the good fight, and pushing forward to make this project a success.

I am not sure what capacity I will be around in the future. I’ll be making my exit for now. But, when things settle for me with a new job, I’ll check back in, and root from the sidelines. Good luck, everyone!

All the best,

Harry aka @graymachine

Sad to see you go, my friend. Your work and kindness have always been appreciated. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

@graymachine super sad to see you go, and hope that we cross paths again in the future. I’m really glad we got a chance to meet and hang out in person at ETHDenver and the retreat <3

Wishing you all the best with whatever the future holds for you.

@graymachine - good luck with whatever your future holds, I hope you don’t stray too far away from the crypto-sphere. Thank you for all the contributions you made to the DAO and also glad we got to briefly meet at the DAO WOW.

Thank you for all your contributions to the DAO, gray! This community and its culture wouldn’t be the same without you. Best of luck with whatever you work on next…they’ll be lucky to have you.

Hey, I am really sorry to see you forced out of our organization as a contributor, especially under these circumstances. It was a pleasure working with you the few times we interacted, I wish you success in your future projects and hopefully our paths will cross again in or out of the DAO! blue_heart

@graymachine Thank you for all of the kindness, creative energy and DAO-it-yourself mentality you and the Creative Services Squad brought to the DAO.

I hope you are not long gone from web3 and hope to see your pfp and beautiful artwork in the DAO from time to time on the sidelines when you settle. Good luck in wherever you may find yourself next!

For being a gray machine, you sure did bring a lot of vibrant humanness to the DAO, thank you for that especially.

Hey @graymachine - was an absolute pleasure working with you and getting to hand out a bit on the few occasions when that happened. Thanks so much for everything. You added an amazing visual panache to everything the DAO did. Best of luck and I hope to work with you again sometime. Would love to stay in touch.

What is your role in the DAO Josh?

I am extremely disturbed by this news and am more so disturbed by some of the extremely disingenuous comments by foundation employees and ex middle managers from ShapeShift AG in this thread.

@graymachine Thank you for the laughs and the friendship and the absolutely high-quality work. I am happy we got to kick it one last time at the retreat before you head off to your next adventure! Lets grab some Indian food again sometime <3

Thanks for your inspiring work @graymachine , I’m glad we got to spend time in Denver and look forward to working with you on something creative again in the future. pray

And i love the title of this post. i get to see it every time someone responds and i get a new chuckle from it. :slight_smile:

Hey @graymachine,

It’s been great working with you all this time, and I’m very sorry to see you go - the DAO definitely won’t be the same without you. I hope you’re able to take a bit of time for some R&R after the past several crazy months here, and though I know you won’t need it, I wish you the best of luck with whatever you turn your attention to next.

Don’t be a stranger, and please reach out if there’s anything I can do for you down the line.

Gm ser.

For those that might not read a lot of Doug Adams…

discourse-post-upload20231125-65354-sh8d25.jpeg

Im sure everyone has at least…Heard of it… or knew the reference! …well hopefully