Read the incubation post: https://forum.shapeshift.com/thread/incubation-proposal-to-renew-globalization-ws-q3-q4-44939
The previous term accomplished significant goals, data reveals that the actions taken by the Globalization Workstream have played a crucial role in maintaining a living Global operation. This proposal ensures Globalization Workstream continuing its work and making further progress in the coming term from Aug/2023 to Jan/2024 (6-months).
- Globalization was able to laverage DAOs new integrations and services, the development of FOXatars, also introduced ShapeShift DAO to new global audience. We are experiencing growth worldwide and its part of Globalization mission bring and support all non-US users coming to our DAO and platform/website.
Past term achievements:
15k identified MAUs
- Language Support
- Awereness and MKT support
- Strategic events
- Cross-Workstream support
The Globalization Workstream acknowledges the importance of effective communication, community development, and global brand visibility, extending beyond the United States. Expanding into international markets provides opportunities to tap into a larger user base, particularly in countries that prioritize privacy and open-source code, thus positioning ShapeShift tools as a powerful weapon against censorship. With an increasing demand for crypto expansion in Asia, Africa, and other regions across the globe, the primary objective is diversify the customer user base and identify the best path for DAO international expansion. This goal is achieved through the expertise of our multidisciplinary team, located in Latin America and Europe.
Additional reading: May, 18 - Crypto Adoption is blooming - But not in US or Europe (Cointelegraph)
Now that we have identified our user base and their locations using MixPanel, as well as shared team experiences from the past 6 months, we can focus on promoting effective onboarding practices aimed to ramp activity and open a new horizon of donations by creating a global donor profile.
Pursuit 50k identified MAUs
Leverage ramp practices outside US aiming a 185% growth
A dedicated plan for FOXatars with 78 new assets, tasks ,traits, and start campaings based on levels
Establish a Global donor user base
Execution - Goals:
We identified 15k MAUs during a 3-month period and all of them are coming from the support that Globalization WS provides. By adopting the Connected Wallet, Trade Confirm, Trade Success as main breaking points the team should identify the right funnel and build focused growth strategies aimed to this conversion level.
- Overall Global ramp events (this includes other countries we dont support) are nearly 350 monthly activities. Its clear we must push these numbers with a new narrative, Copywriting will be reviewed ensuring persuasive arguments on platform and regional landing pages copy as well. New narratives will be turned into campaigns on socials and communities.
- New FOXatar design plan is timeframed and carries not only 78 new assets but all Globalization WS support on its execution. Each season aims guarantee this specific ShapeShift product life cycle with unique campaigns, the goal should oxygen the project and keep it up by elevating its roadmap to maturity level.
- Global donor user base is a true challenge, Donor Profile is something different than Crypto Profile. We can find and leverage the right profile by doing creative interventions like support IRL public causes and ignite the Donor Profile spark among our user base.
- Execution - Team
Weekly team internal syncs + Other Workstreams sync <> Global team
- Every week other Office Hours on Discord with Global WS and Leadership availability for Q&As.
- Document and present bi-monthly internal analytics about Globalization peformance using MixPanel, also researches about global markets and topics of interest at public DAO meetings using external sources
- Continue github activity aiming market fit and Global UI tweaks with Firebomb
- Keep Globalization WS executing cross workstream jobs with Atlan on Design, Guiriba on Copywriting
thesmith - WS Leader. Full time: Responsible for making executive decisions for the team. Acts on all battle fronts along with the co-leader. This profile is extremely communicative and exposed, being able to transit in local markets and establish authority. Should secure and manage the entire WS budget.
vlad - WS Co-Leader. Full time: Performs general management tasks, from contributors to operations. He has a duty to uphold ShapeShift ethos and ensure the ongoing maintenance of the team within the Workstream Leader. He also has as a Leadership profile, being able to perform complex tasks and create strategies for the team.
firebomb - devOps. Part time: Responsible for developing the necessary ecosystem to ensure that our app and landing pages are language-compliant. This involves addressing product and UX aspects and proposing code improvements to enhance functionality. French speaker, Global WS translation flow management.
jpanam- Spanish Coordinator. Full time: Supervises our networks and contributors in Spanish, performs translation and assists in community growth directly by creating content. Spanish team budget management. Availability to regional and international events in Latin America.
joanna - Community. Part time: Available to apply off-the-curve growth strategies. She is focused on developing the Spanish community by managing our Spanish social networks. Joanna is available to regional and international events in Europe being a trilingual speaker: spanish, english and french.
Atlan - Designer. Part time: Dedicated designer with the ability to meet the demands of other workstreams, already performing in this role, and responsible for the artistic conception and production of the FOXatar, Poaps, SM content and more. Atlan also produces assets for our product, such as the FOX Missions page.
guiriba - Content. Part time: Creates content and editorial lines for our growth actions. He is also the source of Portuguese and Spanish content and during the Q1 started to perform in English content. Guiriba also manages the Portuguese Twitter and coordinates all Twitter Spaces there.
$5,585 USDC / $12,252 USD in FOX / Total: $18,150
$4,850 USDC / $13,300 USD in FOX / Total: $18,150
6-months (Aug 2023/Jan 2024)
This proposal requests funding from the DAO treasury, keeping in mind that the achievement of goals may be impacted by market movements, such as bear conditions. This is a long-term project although we understand that the runway projections are becoming tight each day.
We believe that our goals for global expansion bring benefits to the DAO, as they align with the group’s mission and objectives. The Workstream is actively reducing its USDC request while maintaining a fair and balanced compensation structure. This approach remains the most cost-effective option, costing no more than what a regular single contributor typically demands and delivering a team able to address several demands on DAO’s operations.