How to propose a new workstream

• A workstream represents a core activity of our project. This could mean both a department or an ongoing activity or initiative (ie. testing).

To propose a new workstream, create a new topic in the Meta Governance category that follows this template:

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

Why should people use this workstream? What is it for?

• Are you applying to lead this workstream?
  • How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?
  • What is the mission of this workstream?
  • What are the goals of this workstream?
  • What metrics can this workstream’s success be measured against?
  • What should topics in this category generally contain?
  • Does this workstream require any immediate funding?
  • Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

Will your workstream hold recurring meetings? If so, consider including a Doodle poll

• to determine the optimal meeting time.

Be sure to check out ’s blog post on What It Means to Be a ShapeShift FOX: a Short Foxifesto

Learn more about the organizational structure of the ShapeShift DAO here: ShapeShift Organizational Structure

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard10/uploads/foxcookieco/optimized/1X/1abbb507e51b1dc7f70dcd2984a77ba50a4284b9_2_679x500.png

Hi, I’m extremely new so this is more of an informal suggestion based on the current list of work streams that I’d be glad to contribute to in much more detail if there’s enough positive feedback and support. There’s always a risk of creating too many functions but this is something i feel strongly about. (Sorry in advance, i know its an unorganized and lengthy read)

My suggestion is to add some sort of role or workstream involving community engagement.

This might be something thats already addressed in another group, or something thats generally encouraged among the core members, but it’s something thats so important for any project on a gobal scale. I’ve briefly spent time in the discord and already seen a warm community and had fun interactions, and experienced some innovative concepts like the tipping bot. Its clear that people invested in this project have already taken this initiative to make the community spaces a welcoming and fun place. I immediately had a feeling of warmth and excitement, and felt like I was already validated as a member of the community within minutes of joining. Had I not had these experiences It’s difficult to say whether I’d be here posting this now. I think it’s crucial to recognize the importance of those first points of contact and experiences when being introduced to a project. We’ve all probably had bad experiences or seen toxic environments that turned us off to getting involved instantly. Feedback and discussion on this would be greatly appreciated