Request: Feedback on which forum features matter most

I am a UX researcher looking into the tooling that DAOs use for operations and decision making. Specifically, looking into what DAOs love about Discourse (the forum of choice) and what could be improved. :thinking:

I have created a small discord group here to help me collect information from any volunteers who would be happy to help. Questions will be usually quick and short, and if we do any long form interviews, incentivize them in appreciation of the feedback.

The end goal is to provide better tooling to DAOs, but this can only be achieved by talking to them. If the Shapeshift community is willing to help, join, please feel free to jump in and say hello.

There is only one channel there #general, since we want to keep comms simple.

Thank you and Much Appreciated!

1 Like

Not sure this is a good idea. Should ask questions in the forum, not a new discord server. Feels like a high risk.

2 Likes

agreed. sus for sure.

@PTT @Giantkin

Happy to work in any fashion, tbh - the reason, we’re doing it on discord is we want to get points of view from different people in different DAOs, to get their ideas. Been following shapeshift’s journey into Metaforo, for example and what their experience was.

(And other DAOs into commonwealth and what they were looking for)

Open to any thoughts you guys may have on this, or how to prove security - but basically, it’s a tiny server with only the admins and volunteers from several DAOs. Naturally, no personal details are requested of participants.

Problem is, some discord links are faked to gain authorization to control your discord account. its ugly out there. I cant say thats what this is, but my warning is, never trust. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a fair warning. I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t happen.

i should post this. after talking in Shapeshift discord, and others saying they have discussed with , on various items. This maybe less risk than initially thought. (still be wary ofc!) but not dire warning now.

1 Like

On a related note, we are running user interviews (which are compensated).

To get started, please give us your thoughts in this quick survey.

It’s super important for us to get this information and your thoughts and ideas make a huge contribution in this effort.